TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

Can I file Form 1310 in TurboTax?

SOLVEDby TurboTax2109Updated January 13, 2023

Yes, you can file IRS Form 1310 in TurboTax to claim the tax refund for a decedent return (a return filed on the behalf of a deceased taxpayer). Here's how:

  1. Open the Personal Info section of your return
  2. Click on Passed away before filing this return
  3. Provide the date passed away
  4. Search for form 1310 and select the jump to link
  5. On the Complete a claim for refund screen, select Yes
  6. Continue through the screens. We'll give you the option of paper-filing the form by itself or including it with the decedent's return when filed

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads