Here are some reasons why you're not seeing Upgrade on your screen:
- You aren't inside your tax return. After you sign in, open or continue your return. You should see the Upgrade option on the left side of the screen.
- You're upgrading from a mobile device.
- If the option to upgrade is grayed out, you're already in the version you’re attempting to upgrade to or in a higher version.
- Your window isn't maximized. If that’s the case, the Upgrade option might be located in the upper-left menu.
- You haven't filled out your personal information and started your 2023 return yet. Do so and the Upgrade option will appear.
- You already filed your 2023 return. Select Tax Tools in the left menu. Choose Print Center, then Print, save or preview this year's return (this is just to get to the payment screen). Select Pay Now and follow the instructions to pay.