Yes. You can save time and effort by transferring a PDF of last year's return if you used other tax software.
Keep in mind:
- The PDF needs to be your 1040
- The program accepts PDFs from a range of providers but not all of them
- After uploading your PDF, you’ll have a chance to update your information from last year’s return
In certain situations, the program might not accept a PDF, such as when it’s password-protected, a scan of a hard copy rather than an electronic PDF, and certain other cases. If this happens, don’t worry, we’ll guide you through typing in your info.
- Sign in to your TurboTax account
- From the File menu, select New Tax Return
- Select Begin
- Under Let's Get a Jumpstart on Your 2022 Taxes, select Use a tax return that's on my computer
- Select your PDF file, then Continue to start the transfer
- Save your new tax file to make sure you don't lose any info and continue to follow the on-screen instructions
- TurboTax Online supports PDF transfers, if you used other tax software last year
- TurboTax Mobile and TurboTax Business don't support PDF transfers