You can upgrade or switch to a higher version of TurboTax after you've started your 2019 return.
To upgrade your version of TurboTax:
- Make sure you’re signed in to TurboTax and are in your return.
- Select Upgrade in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- If you don’t see the menu, select the menu icon in the upper-left corner.
- Select the version you'd like to upgrade to.
- We'll prompt you to pay if you want to print or e-file your taxes. You can also prepay at any time:
- Select File in the left menu. (Don’t worry, you don’t have to file taxes—this just gets you to the payment section.)
- Select Start or Revisit next to Review your order.
- You’ll see a summary of your order. Select View payment options.
- Keep going until you see How would you like to pay for TurboTax? On that screen, select Pay with Credit Card.
- Enter your credit card information and select Continue.
- Once you’ve paid you can go to Tax Home to access your upgraded features.