Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 7:57:29 PM

Why would you deduct filing fees before people get their refund? This will be the last year I use your service if my bank account is debited. Shame on you Turbo Tax

1 2 383
1 Best answer
Level 7
Jun 4, 2019 7:57:30 PM

You are paying for the service (program) so you can FILE your taxes.  This is standard; if you have a human (or other tax preparation program or company) prepare your taxes for you, you STILL have to pay in advance for filing.  Turbo Tax has no way to take money from your refund.

Just for the record, my dad was an accountant 40+ years ago and he was paid when the clients picked up their tax returns to mail in themselves.

2 Replies
Level 7
Jun 4, 2019 7:57:30 PM

You are paying for the service (program) so you can FILE your taxes.  This is standard; if you have a human (or other tax preparation program or company) prepare your taxes for you, you STILL have to pay in advance for filing.  Turbo Tax has no way to take money from your refund.

Just for the record, my dad was an accountant 40+ years ago and he was paid when the clients picked up their tax returns to mail in themselves.

Returning Member
May 23, 2020 7:22:03 PM

same here. screw these guys