Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Feb 7, 2022 12:23:17 PM

Why is my return telling me that form 8396 is not available? I am not itemizing, but do have an MCC. But according to the IRS website, there is no update to that form?

It originally said it would be available Feb 10, so I waited. But now it’s saying March 3. I’ve never had to wait that long to file before! And to top it off the Irs says there is not an update for this form so I don’t understand why the delay! Is this a glitch?

1 3 124
3 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Feb 7, 2022 3:51:02 PM

It is possible it is not yet available. Please see these Turbo Tax FAQs on forms availability for personal use.

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products.

Federal Individual Form Availability

Feb 7, 2022 6:19:15 PM

It’s available from the irs though and they are not changing or updating it according to their site. So why would it be yet another month for TT to have it available??? 

Intuit Alumni
Feb 7, 2022 6:40:09 PM

@college_gurl927

In this public forum, we are provided with form availability information, but not an explanation as to why the form is not available until that date.  For additional information, it would be necessary to contact customer support.  To do this, please see this Help Article to get in touch with us.