Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted May 31, 2019 8:19:05 PM

Who sends out the 1095 forms and when do they have to send them?

0 3 6126
3 Replies
May 31, 2019 8:19:06 PM

Depending which form you receive, it is either the Federal or state Marketplace (1095-A), the insurance provider (1095-B) or a large employer who offered coverage (1095-C.

The Form 1095-B and Form 1095-C are not reported on your return.  They should be kept for your records.  If you need them to verify which months you were covered, they must be postmarked by February 28.

If you had insurance at any point through the Federal or state Marketplace (commonly known as Obamacare), you will need Form 1095-A to file.  These should be mailed out by January 31; however, the Marketplace expected them to be available online by the middle of January.  Please login to your online health insurance marketplace account to access the digital copy.

Jan 11, 2023 10:21:40 AM

I am the father of a 10 yr old daughter and have full custody of the child. my ex is mandated by law to have medical insurance on her and does through medicaid in New york. She receives a 1095-a form and i never can get it because she either loses it or something. My issue is that i need to have the form to file me taxes is that correct and what should i do to get this issue resolved.

Expert Alumni
Jan 11, 2023 10:57:30 AM

Yes, you will need the 1095A to report your dependent's medical insurance. My suggestion is to follow what TurboTaxAnnaB mentions above to either create an account or have your ex-spouse create an account through the health insurance marketplace to access a digital copy of the 1095A. You may do so at the following link.