Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted May 17, 2021 7:30:37 PM

TurboTax told me to mail the FL state tax. When I tried to download pdf it only downloaded a page with instructions, nothing else. Tried to find but only see CA and Fed

I can't find my FL state form to mail. TT charged me $50 and asked me to mail it. But downloading the pdf had some instruction and nothing else. My Fed and CA taxes are shown for download but nothing for FL. Why? By the way I don't owe any taxes. Do I still need to mail something? Please help

0 2 302
2 Replies
Expert Alumni
May 17, 2021 8:26:48 PM

No.  Florida doesn't have a state income tax.  The "tax return" for Florida is if you have a business in Florida and have personal property.  There is a use tax of sorts for personal property used for business in Florida, but not an income tax.  

May 17, 2021 8:54:36 PM

Thank you for the reply. I live in CA but I do have a personal home in FL that has been rented out While doing my taxes in TurboTax it showed I owe $0 tax for FL. Do I still need to mail something? Also why did TUrboTax charge me $50 when there was nothing to do. The PDF that I downloaded for FL had nothing in it just some instructions to keep it for records.