Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 5, 2019 11:09:08 PM

May have claimed head of household?

So the deduction for head of household is 9300, my deductions were 9253 is there a way I May have claimed head of household? I thought I didn't. Or would the 9253 be a combination of other deductions? Its been 12 days since i filed and I have yet to receive either state or federal and I know of people who got theirs in 10 days or so. I had gambling winnings would this slow the process?

0 2 183
1 Best answer
Intuit Alumni
Jun 5, 2019 11:09:11 PM

It is a combination of other deductions. The amount would have been exactly $9300 if you had filed HOH. Gambling winnings should not have slowed down the process. Twelve days is not a long time. You can't judge just because by some fluke someone else got it quicker.

2 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Jun 5, 2019 11:09:11 PM

It is a combination of other deductions. The amount would have been exactly $9300 if you had filed HOH. Gambling winnings should not have slowed down the process. Twelve days is not a long time. You can't judge just because by some fluke someone else got it quicker.

Jun 5, 2019 11:09:12 PM

Thank you very I was stressing it. I know 12 days isn't a long time its just some financial situations have me over thinking all of it. Thanks again very helpful!