Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 5, 2019 3:01:02 PM

I received a 1099misc from uber and made $19,000 and but didn't receive 1099k. Lyft sent me a 1099k and I made $9,000. Do I have to wait for a 1099k from uber, to file?

I want to file my taxes but don't know if I should. When I read on the uber website it says that if you make 20,000 or more you get a 1099k but lyft sent a 1099k even though i made 9,000. If this gets too complicated I will have to go to an accountant instead of turbotax.

0 1 393
1 Best answer
Intuit Alumni
Jun 5, 2019 3:01:03 PM

No, you have your reporting forms. These agencies use one or the other. You will need to enter the income in two different places in the program.

For the 1099-K

Report income without a 1099. Here's how to do that:

·         Click on Federal Taxes on the top row of TurboTax Deluxe Online.

·         Click Wages & Income

·         Under All Income, click Show all income

·         Scroll to Self-Employment, click Start

·         Click Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?

·         Enter any income from sales or services that weren't reported on Forms 1099-MISC

1099-MISC

1. Open your return.
     (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the Take me to my return button.)
  2. Search for “1099-misc” at the top. In the search results, click the “Jump to” link.
  3. Now follow the screens to enter your 1099-MISC info and answer some questions. 

1 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Jun 5, 2019 3:01:03 PM

No, you have your reporting forms. These agencies use one or the other. You will need to enter the income in two different places in the program.

For the 1099-K

Report income without a 1099. Here's how to do that:

·         Click on Federal Taxes on the top row of TurboTax Deluxe Online.

·         Click Wages & Income

·         Under All Income, click Show all income

·         Scroll to Self-Employment, click Start

·         Click Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?

·         Enter any income from sales or services that weren't reported on Forms 1099-MISC

1099-MISC

1. Open your return.
     (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the Take me to my return button.)
  2. Search for “1099-misc” at the top. In the search results, click the “Jump to” link.
  3. Now follow the screens to enter your 1099-MISC info and answer some questions.