turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vicky0927

I received a 1099misc from uber and made $19,000 and but didn't receive 1099k. Lyft sent me a 1099k and I made $9,000. Do I have to wait for a 1099k from uber, to file?

I want to file my taxes but don't know if I should. When I read on the uber website it says that if you make 20,000 or more you get a 1099k but lyft sent a 1099k even though i made 9,000. If this gets too complicated I will have to go to an accountant instead of turbotax.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

I received a 1099misc from uber and made $19,000 and but didn't receive 1099k. Lyft sent me a 1099k and I made $9,000. Do I have to wait for a 1099k from uber, to file?

No, you have your reporting forms. These agencies use one or the other. You will need to enter the income in two different places in the program.

For the 1099-K

Report income without a 1099. Here's how to do that:

·         Click on Federal Taxes on the top row of TurboTax Deluxe Online.

·         Click Wages & Income

·         Under All Income, click Show all income

·         Scroll to Self-Employment, click Start

·         Click Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?

·         Enter any income from sales or services that weren't reported on Forms 1099-MISC

1099-MISC

1. Open your return.
     (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the Take me to my return button.)
  2. Search for “1099-misc” at the top. In the search results, click the “Jump to” link.
  3. Now follow the screens to enter your 1099-MISC info and answer some questions. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

No, you have your reporting forms. These agencies use one or the other. You will need to enter the income in two different places in the program.

For the 1099-K

Report income without a 1099. Here's how to do that:

·         Click on Federal Taxes on the top row of TurboTax Deluxe Online.

·         Click Wages & Income

·         Under All Income, click Show all income

·         Scroll to Self-Employment, click Start

·         Click Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?

·         Enter any income from sales or services that weren't reported on Forms 1099-MISC

1099-MISC

1. Open your return.
     (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the Take me to my return button.)
  2. Search for “1099-misc” at the top. In the search results, click the “Jump to” link.
  3. Now follow the screens to enter your 1099-MISC info and answer some questions. 
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies