Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 1, 2019 12:15:40 AM

I had 2 insurance plans, one through the marketplace and one through my school!

How do I upload the school insurance information (1095-B) without unchecking the marketplace information (1095-A)?

0 1 318
1 Best answer
Jun 1, 2019 12:15:42 AM

Your school policy is considered private insurance. There is no additional information you need to enter for this type of insurance coverage.

The 1095-B you received is for informational purposes only.  You should keep with your tax papers.  There is no information on the 1095 B that you will put into Turbo Tax.

Form 1095-B will be sent if your insurance provides what the Affordable Care Act calls "minimum essential coverage." It is your documentation that you were covered by insurance.

1 Replies
Jun 1, 2019 12:15:42 AM

Your school policy is considered private insurance. There is no additional information you need to enter for this type of insurance coverage.

The 1095-B you received is for informational purposes only.  You should keep with your tax papers.  There is no information on the 1095 B that you will put into Turbo Tax.

Form 1095-B will be sent if your insurance provides what the Affordable Care Act calls "minimum essential coverage." It is your documentation that you were covered by insurance.