Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Jun 7, 2019 5:54:28 PM

I filed an extension. I found my agi from 2017. how do I file my 2018 taxes now?

Can I file my 20118 taxes through your services now that I have my AGI? Your site is telling me I have filed my taxes successfully but I know it is wrong! I didn't owe any money so I don't need anymore deflecting questions! Will you still file my 2018 taxes through Turbo-Tax or not? 

I tried to download the files from your website to mail in but I got forms that weren't filled out. I just need to file my taxes!

0 1 987
1 Best answer
Level 15
Jun 7, 2019 5:54:30 PM

You file the same way as if you were filing before April 15. You don't have to do anything special because of having an extension.

If you made a payment with the extension, make sure the payment is included in your tax return, on Schedule 5 line 71. If you filed the extension from within TurboTax, the amount of the payment should have been entered automatically. If not, you have to enter it yourself.

1 Replies
Level 15
Jun 7, 2019 5:54:30 PM

You file the same way as if you were filing before April 15. You don't have to do anything special because of having an extension.

If you made a payment with the extension, make sure the payment is included in your tax return, on Schedule 5 line 71. If you filed the extension from within TurboTax, the amount of the payment should have been entered automatically. If not, you have to enter it yourself.