Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 6, 2019 6:29:11 AM

I cant transmit my return. When I click the orange button, nothing happens.

0 19 5798
1 Best answer
Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 6:29:23 AM

If your "Transmit My Returns Now" button is not working, it may be due to a CAPTCHA not appearing, where one would need to checkmark "I am not a robot."

NOTE:   Are you using any ad blockers or script blockers?   If so, that may be blocking the CAPTCHA.

Otherwise, here's how to troubleshoot:
  • First, simply refresh the page in your browser and see if that changes anything.
  • If not, then log out and clear your browser Internet cache.
  • Close the browser and reopen it.
  • Make sure cookies are allowed/enabled in your browser settings so the CAPTCHA will appear.
  • If still unsuccessful, do all the above, then this time open a private window/private browsing (aka "incognito mode").
  • Log in with the private window (again making sure cookies are allowed) and try the efile again.
If that doesn't work, see if a different browser (with cookies allowed) will solve it.

A user reported that when nothing else worked, he was able to solve it using a wired Ethernet connection, which implies some wireless setting was interfering.

A couple of foreign users had to set up a VPN to get it to work around their country's Internet system.

19 Replies
Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 6:29:12 AM

This may be a browser issue.  Sometimes using a different browser will correct it.

Or log out and empty the browser Internet cache.  Close the browser and reopen it. Then try your Chrome in private browsing mode.  ; i.e., a private window (incognito mode).   If that doesn't help, then try a different browser to see if it recurs.

Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 6:29:14 AM

@karenor120 Did you have any luck filing ?

Jun 6, 2019 6:29:17 AM

Thanks @vinceseese that was exactly it! I had to wait a day, and try while at work. (same computer, and browser though) The CAPTCHA did NOT show up at all when I was trying the other night. But when I tried again, the CAPTCHA was there this time... haha

Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 6:29:19 AM

Thank you for responding and letting us know! 🙂 Have a great weekend!

Jun 6, 2019 6:29:20 AM

I refreshed the page, and then the captcha box appear

Jun 6, 2019 6:29:22 AM

I hate this new feature. Like a bot would have made it through all the previous screens.

Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 6:29:23 AM

If your "Transmit My Returns Now" button is not working, it may be due to a CAPTCHA not appearing, where one would need to checkmark "I am not a robot."

NOTE:   Are you using any ad blockers or script blockers?   If so, that may be blocking the CAPTCHA.

Otherwise, here's how to troubleshoot:
  • First, simply refresh the page in your browser and see if that changes anything.
  • If not, then log out and clear your browser Internet cache.
  • Close the browser and reopen it.
  • Make sure cookies are allowed/enabled in your browser settings so the CAPTCHA will appear.
  • If still unsuccessful, do all the above, then this time open a private window/private browsing (aka "incognito mode").
  • Log in with the private window (again making sure cookies are allowed) and try the efile again.
If that doesn't work, see if a different browser (with cookies allowed) will solve it.

A user reported that when nothing else worked, he was able to solve it using a wired Ethernet connection, which implies some wireless setting was interfering.

A couple of foreign users had to set up a VPN to get it to work around their country's Internet system.

Jun 6, 2019 6:29:25 AM

I was having this same problem. The missing CAPTCHA was the issue. Opened the window in "incognito" mode and it worked perfectly.

Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 6:29:26 AM

Thanks for letting us know!! 🙂

Jun 6, 2019 6:29:28 AM

didn't for me

Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 6:29:30 AM

klg1964
Did you try all the suggestions above, including trying other browsers?   I don't have any other suggestion.

Maybe @TurboTaxGabi has something to suggest.   Or we can tell you how to reach Customer Support if you are using PLUS or higher.

FAQ:  How do I contact TurboTax?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489</a>

Jun 6, 2019 6:29:33 AM

Took me a while to look at the page - I even tried turning off popups (it wasnt that).  There is a stupid "I am not a robot" CAPTCHA on the page.  You have to check the box, then you can click.  It didn't warn or say anything when I didnt check it, the page just sat there til I figured that out.

Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 6:29:34 AM

Thanks for the information! Where on the page did you see that?

Again, thank you for participating on AnswerXchange to help solve this problem for multiple users!!
Have a great weekend!  @vinceseese

Jun 6, 2019 6:29:36 AM

Helpful answer. After reading this, I observed that I didn't have a CAPTCHA box. I was using SRWare Iron browser, a spinoff of Chrome. I closed this and logged back in with the latest Firefox. From there I could finish the form.

Jun 6, 2019 6:29:37 AM

Same story.  I have navigated back to this page three times and the CAPTCHA box is not there.  I am using Safari and previously had a CATCHA box when linking another account to get an INT.

Jun 6, 2019 6:29:39 AM

Same story.  I have navigated back to this page three times and the CAPTCHA box is not there.  I am using Safari and previously had a CATCHA box when linking another account to get an INT.

Level 15
Jun 6, 2019 6:29:40 AM

@vokey52

See the new answer I just left on this page.

Jun 6, 2019 6:29:42 AM

It just happened to me. I refreshed the page and it made me go through the filing section (driver's license info, etc.) but it had all the info still filled in. I clicked the Captcha box again and then the orange box to file and this time it worked.

Jul 14, 2020 12:09:33 PM

I'm one step away from submitting...

I have all information entered. I am clicking the box in the 'recaptcha', but I receive an error message. All it says is "an error has occurred. please try again." I have removed pop-up blocker, cleared cookies/cache, etc. The orange submit button is there, as well.

Pretty annoyed and frustrated.

What are your suggestions?