• Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Aug 11, 2020 10:48:43 AM

How do i find my taxpayer ID number?

0 3 1098
3 Replies
Level 15
Aug 11, 2020 10:51:06 AM

Your Taxpayer ID number is your Social Security Number.  If not eligible for a SSN then it is your ITIN that you requested from the IRS.

Aug 11, 2020 1:58:54 PM

I never receive my W2 for year 2017, from my employer, I request  a form wage and income Transcript from the 

IRS, when i receive the transcript, the Employer Identification number, had only the last 4 digits numbers. 

Can i used the 4 digits numbers, because its seen that the irs and social security Transcript wage and income 

only give you the last 4 digits.          Thanks 

Level 15
Aug 11, 2020 2:01:47 PM

@peacesafe wrote:

I never receive my W2 for year 2017, from my employer, I request  a form wage and income Transcript from the 

IRS, when i receive the transcript, the Employer Identification number, had only the last 4 digits numbers. 

Can i used the 4 digits numbers, because its seen that the irs and social security Transcript wage and income 

only give you the last 4 digits.          Thanks 

You must use the complete 9 digit Employer Identification Number when entering the W-2 on the 2017 tax return.

If you cannot obtain the W-2 from your employer, then for a fee you can get a complete copy of a W-2 from the Social Security Administration - https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-02501