Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Apr 15, 2023 5:56:33 PM

Home page says I’m getting 1K back when I go to E sign says I owe money want to know if I am getting anything back or only paying

0 1 85
1 Best answer
Expert Alumni
Apr 17, 2023 8:28:42 AM

Are you possibly filing a federal and a state return, with different results? This would be a reason for the presence of tax-due screens in the the “filing” section of TurboTax, even though there’s a refund overall. If this is the case, there should be some screens clarifying the refund as well (shortly before or after), and both a red tax-due number and green refund number in the “refund meter” at the top. 

@brandeng1993, if something else is going on, please describe the results on the refund meter, and what the filing section pages say. We can likely explain things at that point...

1 Replies
Expert Alumni
Apr 17, 2023 8:28:42 AM

Are you possibly filing a federal and a state return, with different results? This would be a reason for the presence of tax-due screens in the the “filing” section of TurboTax, even though there’s a refund overall. If this is the case, there should be some screens clarifying the refund as well (shortly before or after), and both a red tax-due number and green refund number in the “refund meter” at the top. 

@brandeng1993, if something else is going on, please describe the results on the refund meter, and what the filing section pages say. We can likely explain things at that point...