Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Jan 20, 2024 1:20:44 PM

Corrupt File using TurboTax deluxe 2023 desktop Windows 10

Turbotax Deluxe 2023 desktop won't open a file just created without saying "Corrupt File".  Transfer from previous year also doesn't work, it just hangs.  

Try creating a simple 2023 tax file with just your name, address, SSN.  Save the file.  Close TurboTax.  Re-open TurboTax and try opening the file you just created - ERROR CORRUPT FILE.  

FIX YOUR SOFTWARE TURBOTAX and let us know when your software works, otherwise I want a refund!

THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN ONGOING FOR YEARS and you still haven't fixed it!!!

0 3 352
3 Replies
Expert Alumni
Jan 23, 2024 1:18:45 PM

See if this article helps you at all: Error: The selected file is NOT a previous year tax file or it is corrupted

If not, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service

Level 2
Jan 23, 2024 4:02:40 PM

Your reply does not help my question or your problem at all. I’m not trying to transfer from a PDF. I’m trying to transfer from a TurboTax file.
also, I’m just trying to create a TurboTax file of the current version in the current year 2023. When I save the file and leave TurboTax and come back in and try to open it, I get corrupt file.

Level 15
Jan 23, 2024 4:19:41 PM

Well, we can't know without knowing the details of your computer system.

But...make sure you are saving your file to your computer's main hard drive or SSD.

Do Not save directly to a flash drive, or a USB-connected remote drive.

(not sure what happens if saving directly to a cloud drive)

Other...if not that.

Rt-click on the TTX icon, and select "Run As Administrator."    Then see what happens when saving a test file.