Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Jan 26, 2024 10:29:56 AM

Portland Oregon has two taxes, Metro Supportive Housing Services Tax and the Multnomah County Preschool for All Tax. How do I enter these in TurboTax?

I need to add both of these, for 2021 and 2022 that were paid in 2023.  How do I enter these as there is no place in TurboTax to enter them?

0 4 1228
4 Replies
Level 15
Jan 26, 2024 10:32:44 AM

TurboTax only prepares a few city or local tax returns as an extra step in your state return.  For most local tax returns you are on your own.  You may have to ask around amongst your neighbors, etc. to find out if you have a local tax and how to pay it. “Google “ local tax for your area.  Call your city government, etc.  Your only record of paying your local tax will be your own bank/credit card records

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899325-which-city-tax-returns-can-i-do-in-the-turbotax-state-program

Level 15
Jan 26, 2024 10:35:03 AM

Those forms are not yet finalized in the Oregon state program.

Go to this TurboTax website for federal and state forms availability - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product=Turbotax_online&bu=cg

Mar 31, 2024 7:24:29 PM

That's not what this person is asking. We need the ability to select these taxes in the pull down for local taxes paid. Turbotax already includes the Portland Art tax, but there is no way to enter the thousands of dollars many of us have paid for these 2 additional taxes.

Expert Alumni
Apr 2, 2024 11:20:15 AM

See the TurboTax Help article Oregon state filers with local tax withheld for guidance.

In addition to the selections noted in the article, you'll also have the opportunity to select Portland Arts Tax, OR.

In one of the quarterly entry options, you can overwrite the Date paid with the actual date of your payment.

@tas50