If you were self-employed and paid the Metro Supportive Housing Services Tax (Form MET-40/MET-40-NP) and/or Multnomah County Preschool for All Tax (Form MC-40/MC-40-NP), you can enter these taxes in the Estimated Payments section.
Note: If you have local tax reported on a W-2, enter it in the W-2 section to match the government form. Don't re-enter the amount as the steps follow below.
To report the tax payment you made related to your self-employment income, follow these steps:
- Select Federal > Deductions & Credits
- In the Estimates and Other Taxes Paid section, select Start/Update next to Estimated Tax Payments
- On the next screen, select Start/Revisit next to Local
- Enter your payment(s) on the next screen, How much did you pay in local estimated taxes? In the dropdown list, select More Than One/None and enter the amount paid in the box
- If you have more than one entry, repeat the steps for additional entries. The payment(s) will be included in Schedule A with other state and local income taxes on the Oregon tax return