Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Mar 2, 2024 8:46:40 AM

Depreciation Report Question for My Work Van

Hello there, I use a commercial van for my sole proprietor business and was just finishing my taxes and glanced at the depreciation report form.  My home address is listed there for my home office, and then my van is listed there twice.  It lists the same Date in Service and the same Cost, but one has a code "L" for "Listed" and the other has a code "A" for "Auto."  One has a Section 179 amount, and the other doesn't.  The Depreciable Basis, Life, Method/Convention, Prior Depreciation, and Current Depreciation numbers are different for each one.  Is this a mistake and somehow my van got entered twice.  Thank you in advance.

0 1 284
1 Best answer
Expert Alumni
Mar 4, 2024 7:56:05 AM

Find the entry for the commercial van coded as "Auto" and delete that vehicle (look for a trashcan icon to the right of the vehicle in the Vehicle Summary list). This entry could be under your Home Office or under Schedule C. You might review your answers for the vehicle that remains to be sure you have entered the information correctly.

1 Replies
Expert Alumni
Mar 4, 2024 7:56:05 AM

Find the entry for the commercial van coded as "Auto" and delete that vehicle (look for a trashcan icon to the right of the vehicle in the Vehicle Summary list). This entry could be under your Home Office or under Schedule C. You might review your answers for the vehicle that remains to be sure you have entered the information correctly.