Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jan 30, 2021 11:07:35 PM

My employer state ID on my W2 matches exactly with what I entered but Turbo Tax claims it's wrong. I'm in Utah, it has 14 digits, and the right letters. Help!

I entered two W2 forms from my jobs this past year. The first one worked just fine, but the second is having issues. Turbo Tax claims that my employer state ID

0 4 1025
4 Replies
Level 15
Jan 31, 2021 4:16:41 AM

IF there are hyphens in the ID number, do not include them when entering it....no hyphens, and no spaces.

Jan 31, 2021 4:19:46 AM

I appreciate the response. I have not been entering it with hyphens or spaces. Exactly 14 digits including the letters which it says it’s supposed to be

Level 15
Jan 31, 2021 5:07:49 AM

Then You should call Customer Support.....they need to see the actual problem in order to have a repair ticket submitted to get it fixed.....this would affect hundreds-of-thousands of Utah W-2 workers, and unless they complain thru official channels.......nothing happens.

THIS is not an official channel...it's a user's forum

______

If you are not using the "Free" version, you can get a phone number here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Level 15
Feb 2, 2021 4:46:38 PM

@chase-m-fischer 

recently....someone somewhere in here said that the final three letters  (WTH ?) will take Ok if you use lower case "wth"

Just make sure you put in the first numbers and the final letters without a hyphen.

PLEASE post back here if this works......I don't really know if it does.....yet