Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Feb 26, 2024 9:51:03 AM

I purchased Premier which comes with NY State returrn pre-installed since I live in NY State. I need to install Wisconsin State return for when I help a family member with her taxes. Since NY State came preinstalled, is the Wisconsin download my free st

0 3 306
2 Best answers
Level 15
Feb 26, 2024 9:52:26 AM

No.  No state is "preinstalled".  NY would be your first free state.  

Level 15
Feb 26, 2024 9:55:13 AM

Or are  you referring to NY is free to efile?  You still have to download and install the NY program.  So if that is the first state you download it is included.  Then each additional state Program is $40.

Then NY is free to efile.  All other states are $20 (25 March 1) to efile or you can print and mail state returns for free.  

3 Replies
Level 15
Feb 26, 2024 9:52:26 AM

No.  No state is "preinstalled".  NY would be your first free state.  

Level 15
Feb 26, 2024 9:55:13 AM

Or are  you referring to NY is free to efile?  You still have to download and install the NY program.  So if that is the first state you download it is included.  Then each additional state Program is $40.

Then NY is free to efile.  All other states are $20 (25 March 1) to efile or you can print and mail state returns for free.  

Level 1
Feb 26, 2024 10:08:53 AM

Thanks for helpful information, I appreciate it!  Just an "opinion" statement from me: $65 (as of March 1-Friday) is a lot of $!  Even with the $10 credit Turbotax offers--$55 is a lot!  I probably will download state return from Wisconsin's website and mail!  [NYS requires e-filing!]  Blessings and Thanks to you VolvoGirl!