Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 1, 2019 10:57:23 AM

How do I calculate sales tax when I lived in two counties in 2017 and moved to another state after the 8th month of the year?

I lived in two counties in CA, thus the same state and moved to another, WA towards the end of the year, Sept.

0 2 1483
1 Best answer
Jun 1, 2019 10:57:25 AM

In the sales tax section, you can enter multiple places you live and related sales taxes. Complete your entry for the time you lived in one county and when completed you will return to a summary screen. Click the Add a location button to enter another place you lived. 

2 Replies
Jun 1, 2019 10:57:25 AM

In the sales tax section, you can enter multiple places you live and related sales taxes. Complete your entry for the time you lived in one county and when completed you will return to a summary screen. Click the Add a location button to enter another place you lived. 

Mar 23, 2020 11:59:20 AM

When I click on Add a location, it stays in Florida.  It doesn't ask for another state.  How do I change the state?  I've tried deleting the second entry and readding - stays Florida.  I tried deleting it and adding another location - stays FLorida.

HELP

Claudia