Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 3, 2019 1:01:55 PM

457 contributions: I contributed $24500 to a 457 which is allowed because I am over 50 in 2018. TT is allowing this for 403b, but not for the 457 and will not file.

0 3 782
1 Best answer
Jun 3, 2019 1:02:00 PM

After talking to a TT rep for about 45 mins last night they said they are aware of the problem but did not have a fix for it and I would have to print and mail my returns. My state (CA) return would also not E-file without first E-filing the federal first so both have to be mailed.

3 Replies
Jun 3, 2019 1:01:56 PM

I spent hours with TT on phone about this as well.  A few details:  They DID send me info to manually update my TT program.  But, that was for the windows version [of home and business].  So, they have admitted the problem. For further info: I am using TT Home and Business Download [not online] version *for Macintosh*.   I guess I am bracing for having to snail mail to file, but still hoping for a TT update to the Macintosh version. If you are using Windows, you might ask about a "manual update" as they seemed to think that might fix the problem.

Jun 3, 2019 1:01:57 PM

One more point: If anyone has this problem on Mac and tries the Windows fix, or is using Windows, I would appreciate knowing if there is a valid fix.  I could ask TT to give me [and all of us] a free Windows version to complete.

Jun 3, 2019 1:02:00 PM

After talking to a TT rep for about 45 mins last night they said they are aware of the problem but did not have a fix for it and I would have to print and mail my returns. My state (CA) return would also not E-file without first E-filing the federal first so both have to be mailed.