Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted May 31, 2019 7:47:16 PM

401k and roth, and financial donations to charity

The only retirement payments were to the 401K and Roth that is deducted weekly from my paycheck, do I have to file this information anywhere else?
Also, each month I have deducted $19.00 to the Humane Society of the United States via electronic deduction. Where do I claim that deduction?

0 1 344
1 Best answer
Level 15
May 31, 2019 7:47:18 PM

The retirement contributions are on your W-2 form...and when you enter those in with your other W-2 data you are done.  Do not enter them anywhere else.

When you re done with all your income, you will be able to enter those charity donations on the Deductions & Credits page...

IF you can't find your charity donations entry place during the normal interview...then expand your menu to see everything and look in the charity section of the menu (pictures below)

1 Replies
Level 15
May 31, 2019 7:47:18 PM

The retirement contributions are on your W-2 form...and when you enter those in with your other W-2 data you are done.  Do not enter them anywhere else.

When you re done with all your income, you will be able to enter those charity donations on the Deductions & Credits page...

IF you can't find your charity donations entry place during the normal interview...then expand your menu to see everything and look in the charity section of the menu (pictures below)