How do I track my West Virginia tax refund?

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Intuit

Go to West Virginia's My Taxes site and select Where's My Refund? in the yellow bar at the top of the page.

For refund-related questions, select Contact Us in the same yellow bar.

• An e-filed return may take as long as 7–8 weeks after the acknowledgement is received from the state.
  • A paper filed return may take as long as 10–11 weeks after the return is received by the West Virginia State Tax Department.

Refund Exceptions

• First-time filers should allow about 3 additional weeks to the timelines above.
  • Requests for more information will delay refunds until the requested information is received. Allow approximately 6 weeks from the receipt of the requested information to review and complete the processing of the return.
  • Refund timeframes are general and do not apply to every refund. It is best not to depend on getting a refund by a certain date, especially when making purchases or paying bills.
  • Some refunds may ultimately be reduced or result in a balance of tax due depending on the supporting information supplied or on record with the West Virginia State Tax Department.
  • Many refunds will be paid in a shorter time frame, but it is not abnormal to wait a significant time period if for any reason the return requires additional review.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post