How do I track my West Virginia tax refund? - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
TurboTax has your taxes covered during coronavirus. Stay up-to-date on the latest tax info here.
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.1207 helpful votes

How do I track my West Virginia tax refund?

Go to West Virginia's My Taxes site and select Where's My Refund? in the yellow bar at the top of the page.

For refund-related questions, select Contact Us in the same yellow bar.

Statement from the Tax Department: The West Virginia State Tax Department continues to respond to an increased risk of fraudulent filings and is implementing enhanced security measures for your protection. As a result, expect significant delay of your tax refund. You should only call concerning your refund if it has been more than 10 weeks since filing your return. In the interim, please use this tool to check the status of your refund. After March 31, 2018, taxpayers may check refund status by going to https://mytaxes.wvtax.gov/?link=refund. Typical refund timeframes for correctly filed returns

• An E?filed Return may take as long as 7?8 weeks after the acknowledgement is received from the state.
  • A Paper Filed Return may take as long as 10?11 weeks after the return is received by the West Virginia State Tax Department.

Refund Exceptions

• First?time filers should allow about 3 additional weeks to the timelines above.
    • Requests for more information will delay refunds until the requested information is received. Allow approximately 6 weeks from the receipt of the requested information to review and complete the processing of the return.
    • Refund timeframes are general and do not apply to every refund. It is best not to depend on getting a refund by a certain date, especially when making purchases or paying bills.
    • Some refunds may ultimately be reduced or result in a balance of tax due depending on the supporting information supplied or on record with the West Virginia State Tax Department.
    • Many refunds will be paid in a shorter time frame, but it is not abnormal to wait a significant time period if for any reason the return requires additional review.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post