Retirement tax questions

@GeorgiaPeech36   (  @macuser_22   @VolvoGirl   )

If you did enter them separately....Interesting...you may need to call TTX Customer Support during their working hours, and let them work thru the problem to fix it (as long as you are not using the "Online" Free version):

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

1)  when using Online Premier, I entered a CSA-1099-R for $12,000 and a second separate CSF-1099-R for $1,200  (age 72, both code 7)...and it wouldn't allow the CSF to go thru the Reviews.....constantly showed a review error in the error checks, and no indication of what the problem was.

2)  For Desktop Premier, I did the same , and the desktop software showed no errors or "review" problems thru the normal error checks up to the final filing steps.

Later:  It had an unresolvable problem with the CSF-1099-R which I entered second.  Don't know that if they were entered in the opposite order, whether the CSA might be the final hang-up.

Initially the Online software "Federal Review" showed a problem with both of the forms and I had to step thru them again during the review, but the first form reviewed (CSA) cleared...the second (CSF) did not. 

Have no idea what the problem is, unless some of the data I entered was missing some box/field required on a CSA or a CSF....though the Desktop software didn't see an error .  

(Hmmmm, what's the proper box 7 code for the CSF-1099-R)...the Online review seems to be having a problem with the RMD question...for the way I set it up, but I tried a code 4 too, and indicated the deceased was over age 72 ...and all was an  RMD....and still it wouldn't take.  I'm just not sure if a CSF is always supposed to be a box 7 code 4 or not.....so I'm actually thrashing here and out of my experience base.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*