Level 15

Business & farm

Yes that is  self employment income and goes on schedule C.

Tax Tips for Uber, Lyft, Sidecar and other Car Sharing Drivers FAQ

What do I need from Uber

How to get the Uber Discount

How to import from Uber

And https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3776831-how-does-importing-from-uber-work

Where to enter Uber & Lyft Income

How to enter expenses from the Uber Summary

How to get the Lyft discount

You will need to file a schedule C in your personal tax return for self employment income.  You will need to use the Self Employed Online version to fill out schedule C.

Here is some reading material……

IRS information on Self Employment….

Pulication 334, Tax Guide for Small Business

Publication 535 Business Expenses

Self Employment tax (Scheduled SE) is generated if a person has $400 or more of net profit from self-employment on Schedule C.  You pay 15.3% for SE tax on 92.35% of your Net Profit greater than $400.  The 15.3% self employed SE Tax is to pay both the employer part and employee part of Social Security and Medicare.  So you get social security credit for it when you retire.  The SE tax is in addition to your regular income tax on the net profit.

You can enter Cash Income into Online Deluxe or Premier but if you have any expenses you will have to upgrade to the Self Employed version.