lexia16

I got the 1099 tax form but i already filed my taxes and they were approved by the irs - what do i do to amend

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

You will need to wait for your original tax return to be accepted by the IRS.  Once that has occurred then you can amend your tax return.

To amend your return you need to log into your TurboTax account to see an option to Amend a Filed and Accepted Return. Click on that to start the amending process.  Once you are finished making changes to your return you will need to print it out, sign, date and mail it to the IRS.

Please see the below FAQ for more information on amending your tax return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27577

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
lexia16

After you file

At this time I am not showing an option to amend, it states that for 2019 taxes that option is not available yet. Is there an ETA for when this will be completed? 

Thank you 

After you file

The Amended 1040X Return is supposed to be ready on Feb 5.

After you file

@lexia16 wrote:

At this time I am not showing an option to amend, it states that for 2019 taxes that option is not available yet. Is there an ETA for when this will be completed? 

Thank you 

An amended tax, Form 1040X, return can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

On the Tax Home web page when the the Form 1040X for amending a 2019 tax return becomes available there will be a link - Amend (change) return

The estimated availability date for the Form 1040X is 02/05/2020