bfharms

How can I resolve Error 209?

After downloading TT Premier 2020, upon first launch, the program will not open, giving me a message stating simply "Error 209".  The program then shuts down.
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MgKeN

I just received Error 209 while trying to install Premier 2021 after purchasing at Staples and then downloading.  Registration page closes without allowing me to enter any info.  Is there a fix for this since bfharms question a year ago?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the following TurboTax help article for assistance with troubleshooting your software issue:

Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows

If there is a specific message that accompanies the error number, please comment back so that we can better assist. 

@MgKeN

several comments noted.  nothing related to home and business version.

also after hours so no contact available.

first time since 1982 I've had this much trouble with Turbotax.  Very disappointed.  

also not available at Walmart.  corporate greed too strong? enquiring minds would like to know.

BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

There may be some technical diagnosing that we cannot perform in this public forum. Please click here to contact customer care for further assistance with error 209.

rreinhart

I had this issue as well.  My problem, was downloading the program onto an external drive (passport).  Once I removed this and downloaded it directly to my computer's hard drive, it worked fine.

I also received the error 209. I had TurboTax Premier installed on an external hard drive. I uninstalled it and re-installed on my computer's hard drive. The error did not return.

I have the same problem.  Just installed TT Premier, when it boots up I get an Error: 209

No Description found.  Engine Version: wPerScm.2021.47.22.85 TPS Version: 5.37.0 (Tps-Compatibility-Version:2021.5)

Help

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

The 2 previous comments make mention of the issue being related to downloading Turbo Tax to an external hard drive - can you confirm if this is also what you have done? @Maureengoff3.

I have not installed this on an external drive.  I downloaded it from the turbotax website directly to my PC.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please click on Contact Us in order to speak with us by phone so we can better assist you. @Maureengoff3

Additional Message:   Engine Version: wPerScm.2021.47.22.85 ; TPs Version: 5.37.0 (Tps_Compatibility_Version:2021-5) Err: 209

I followed the advise from MarkWeinmann1316 and deleted TurboTax from my large hard drive and reinstalled it on my Solid State Boot Drive and everything appears to be good.

Thank-you for the excellent advise.