If I use TurboTax online account and my wife purchased TurboTax deluxe at Costco. How or where do I enter that code so I don't have to repurchase through TurboTax online?

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You can switch from using online TurboTax to the Costco TurboTax but not the other way around. See How do I switch from TurboTax Online to the TurboTax software?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@a13776389 

DID your wife purchase the "Desktop" software  (that you are supposed to download and install on your computer)

.......or did she purchase the "Online" software, and it was a repayment for using that?

Each has a code, but they are used in entirely different ways.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

she purchased the desktop software

You need to move your online return to the Desktop program.  Has she installed the program?

First Save your  tax file from online
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/saving/help/how-do-i-save-my-turbotax-online-return-as-a-tax-data-...

You need to install the program on your computer and move your online return to the Desktop program. You can download the .tax2020 data file without paying for Online and continue in the desktop version see this…….
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).

View solution in original post