Can I file Form 1310 in TurboTax? - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
TurboTax has your taxes covered during coronavirus. Stay up-to-date on the latest tax info here.
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.805 helpful votes

Can I file Form 1310 in TurboTax?

File IRS Form 1310 if you want to claim the tax refund for a decedent return (that is, a return filed on the behalf of a deceased taxpayer).

Before you can get to the form, make sure you've entered the decedent's date of passing on the Do any of these apply to [taxpayer]? screen. You can go back to the My Info section and step through the taxpayer's screens again to make sure the date was entered.

After you've filled out the return, search for form 1310 inside TurboTax and select the Jump to link. You'll come to the Let's see if you need to file Form 1310 screen. Answer Yes and follow the instructions.

We'll give you the option of paper-filing the form by itself or including it with the decedent's return when filed.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post