Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Mar 8, 2024 7:33:05 PM

Schedule K1 Box 20 Code V Multiple Amounts

I received Schedule K-1 and Box 20 shows "AJ*  STMT", "N*  STMT", "V*  STMT" and "Z*  STMT".  On page 2 of K-1, there are information for these codes, specifically code V has (1) Average Basis - Debt Financed Property, (2) Average Debt on Financed Property, (3) Direct Deductions from Debt Financed Property, (4) Gross Revenues from Debt Financed Property, and (5) S/L Depreciation on Debt Financed Property.  Each of these 5 items has a $ value. In TurboTax desktop, I am required to enter an amount as shown below. Do I need to enter the sum of these 5 items for code V below?

Thank you,

Tulane

0 4 407
4 Replies
Expert Alumni
Mar 11, 2024 6:35:43 AM

Per the IRS Instructions for Form 1065 Schedule K-2, Box 20 Code V, the information reported here applies to a partner that is a tax-exempt organization. In most cases, this does not apply to an individual taxpayer. You may omit Code V from your K-1 entries for Box 20.

Level 2
Mar 11, 2024 6:03:57 PM

Hi @PatriciaV ,

Per my Schedule K-1 Part II, I am considered an individual partner so I would think Code V also applies to me. If yes, then do I need to add all the amounts associated with Code V and enter that in Box 20?  And if it doesn't, does it hurt to just include it here?

Thank you,

Tulane

Expert Alumni
Mar 12, 2024 6:12:24 AM

Are you a chartered tax-exempt organization? If not, you do not need to include the information from Box 20 Code V anywhere on your return.

Level 2
Mar 13, 2024 5:28:27 PM

Hi @PatriciaV ,

No, I do not believe this is a chartered tax-exempt organization. Thank you for your help.

Tulane