Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Jun 4, 2019 1:51:38 PM

Schedule E Worksheet contains an error. Days of personal use should be zero. How can I correct this?

I need a way to correct the error.  Should I delete the form and start over?

0 2 2226
1 Best answer
Jun 4, 2019 1:51:41 PM

No, you don't have to delete the form and start over.

To change the number days rented at fair rental price and personal use days for your rental property in TurboTax: 

·         Once in your return, enter "rental property" in search box on blue dashboard

·         On "Rental and Royalty Summary" screen click Edit to right of property

·         On "Review Your Rental Property Screen", click Update to right of Property Profile (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)

·         Change on the Was This Property Rented for All of 2016?, from No to Yes, this property was rented all year. (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)

2 Replies
Jun 4, 2019 1:51:39 PM

how do you make changes on schedule e worksheet

Jun 4, 2019 1:51:41 PM

No, you don't have to delete the form and start over.

To change the number days rented at fair rental price and personal use days for your rental property in TurboTax: 

·         Once in your return, enter "rental property" in search box on blue dashboard

·         On "Rental and Royalty Summary" screen click Edit to right of property

·         On "Review Your Rental Property Screen", click Update to right of Property Profile (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)

·         Change on the Was This Property Rented for All of 2016?, from No to Yes, this property was rented all year. (See the attached screenshot below. Click to enlarge.)