Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 4, 2019 1:26:40 PM

I do not have a K-1 for partnerships and in the review I keep getting asked this q Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships (Untitled): General or limited partner box must be entered.

I don't have a K-1 for a partnership and double checked to make sure I didn't enter anything here, but I am still asked the above questions when doing the review.

0 5 2369
1 Best answer
Jun 4, 2019 1:26:41 PM

It certainly appears that you have a 'phantom' K-1 in your tax file.

Use the "Delete a Form" tool to remove the Schedule K-1 (and any associated worksheets).

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting the Schedule K-1, log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool to confirm the Schedule K-1 has been removed from the list of forms in your return. 

Also, if this 'phantom' K-1 does not have a "Partnership Name" entered, you may have give it one before you are able to delete the form. The K-1 interview is located in the Business Investment & Estate/Trust income section of Federal Taxes > Wages and Income.

5 Replies
Jun 4, 2019 1:26:41 PM

It certainly appears that you have a 'phantom' K-1 in your tax file.

Use the "Delete a Form" tool to remove the Schedule K-1 (and any associated worksheets).

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting the Schedule K-1, log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool to confirm the Schedule K-1 has been removed from the list of forms in your return. 

Also, if this 'phantom' K-1 does not have a "Partnership Name" entered, you may have give it one before you are able to delete the form. The K-1 interview is located in the Business Investment & Estate/Trust income section of Federal Taxes > Wages and Income.

Jun 4, 2019 1:26:43 PM

This worked! Thank you!

Jun 4, 2019 1:26:45 PM

How do I do this for PC version?

Jun 4, 2019 1:26:46 PM

I have this same issue now and the form is not deleting even after I log out

Jun 4, 2019 1:26:47 PM

Turbotax bug? it took me 1 hour to deleted this "phantom" K-1, start over again!