Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 5, 2019 4:08:32 PM

Hi! i'm trying to figure out if need to attach the 1065 with my schedule k1?

0 1 309
1 Best answer
Level 7
Jun 5, 2019 4:08:33 PM

No, you do not need to attach Form 1065 to your Schedule K-1.  I am assuming that you (or a partner) has already filed Form 1065 and produced the Schedule K-1 and now you are entering the K-1 on your personal return.  You do not need to attach the already filed Form 1065 to your personal return - just report the K-1.

If you need navigation instructions to enter a K-1, its easiest to use the search method -

• Select Take me to My Return (you must click this before proceeding to search)
  • Use the search feature in the upper right hand corner (magnifying glass icon)
  • Search for "K-1
  • Click the "jump to k-1" link that appears

1 Replies
Level 7
Jun 5, 2019 4:08:33 PM

No, you do not need to attach Form 1065 to your Schedule K-1.  I am assuming that you (or a partner) has already filed Form 1065 and produced the Schedule K-1 and now you are entering the K-1 on your personal return.  You do not need to attach the already filed Form 1065 to your personal return - just report the K-1.

If you need navigation instructions to enter a K-1, its easiest to use the search method -

• Select Take me to My Return (you must click this before proceeding to search)
  • Use the search feature in the upper right hand corner (magnifying glass icon)
  • Search for "K-1
  • Click the "jump to k-1" link that appears