Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Apr 11, 2020 3:37:59 PM

Will I get my stimulus check direct deposit to my account if I filed through turbo tax and had my fees taken out

0 3 331
3 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Apr 11, 2020 3:53:12 PM

If you have filed a 2018 or a 2019 tax return that includes bank account information you should receive your payment via direct deposit to that account in the next week or so.  Having fees taken out does not affect the Stimulus payment, as long as bank account information was included on your return.

If you filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return without bank information your check will be mailed.  Based on information we recently received IRS is currently working on a link to check on the status of your stimulus payment.  Please check this link for updates as they are available:  Covid-19 Updates

Apr 11, 2020 5:25:39 PM

I received the Turbo prepaid card (due to selecting the ADVANCE option), my Federal taxes were deposited to that card. However I also entered my bank info and received my State return via direct deposit to my bank. So where would my stimulus go?? I've checked both accounts and nothing has came, but others around me have already started to receive their payments. I'm so confused 🤦

Expert Alumni
Apr 12, 2020 10:23:26 AM

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"