• Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jan 27, 2020 10:15:37 AM

Why didn’t I get approved for refund advance

0 45 14251
24 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Jan 27, 2020 10:31:55 AM

First Century Bank NA will send you an email explaining why you weren’t eligible for the Refund Advance.

If you didn't pre-qualify for Refund Advance, it may be because:

• Your federal refund was not $500 or more.
  • You did not agree to all the Refund Advance terms and conditions.
  • You owed the U.S. Government or your State.
  • You had debt enforced by a State such as, but not limited to, child support obligations, past student loans, tax liens, and any other payments owed to a Federal or State agency.
  • You did not pass the lender’s final evaluation. Subject to review of third-party information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

Returning Member
Jan 27, 2020 10:45:12 AM

Did you ever get your email from them saying why you didnt because i get pre quality and they didnt say anything about if i will get it or not

Expert Alumni
Jan 27, 2020 3:42:09 PM

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

Jan 28, 2020 7:21:58 AM

I was pre approved for the refund advanced but got an email saying i wasnt approved. I'm not understanding this. It gave me an amount I was pre approved for and everything. I did the application when i did my taxes. 

Intuit Alumni
Jan 28, 2020 8:32:35 AM

First Century Bank NA will send you an email explaining why you weren’t eligible for the Refund Advance.

If you didn't qualify for Refund Advance, it may be because:

• You had debt enforced by a State such as, but not limited to, child support obligations, past student loans, tax liens, and any other payments owed to a Federal or State agency.
  • You did not pass the lender’s final evaluation. Subject to review of third-party information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

Feb 3, 2020 8:59:08 PM

I got pre approved but never got a email saying why I never got my money 

Intuit Alumni
Feb 4, 2020 8:43:17 AM

You should receive an email from First Century Bank NA explaining why you were not eligible for the Refund Advance. 

Some of the reasons you may not have qualified are provided below. 

Please see below for more information.

Feb 4, 2020 1:02:35 PM

Same thing I'm wondering 

Level 2
Feb 4, 2020 8:35:02 PM

@MoniqueLO We keep getting the same answer but no resolution. I see the same repeat response that it may be because.... etc etc but no answer as to why we are getting approved then an email saying we weren’t approved or just no money appearing. I received a general email saying we weren’t approved nothing specific to us. When I filed it said we were approved what’s going on? Who can I call? I’m getting the run around. We pay almost 300 a year to file with Intuit and this is frankly quite disappointing. Anyone have any help?

Level 2
Feb 5, 2020 10:54:50 AM

Same here no nothing this def isn't helpful no explanation at all 😤🔥

Level 2
Feb 5, 2020 10:56:55 AM

Did you ever get any reasoning

Level 2
Feb 5, 2020 11:04:33 AM

Just wondering if they have already stopped refund advance because I was pre-approved but received something from Green Dot saying I didn't get the loan I thought first century was supposed to pass that info on😤

Level 1
Feb 5, 2020 11:15:09 AM

Same thing here... It's a scam and I should have did my research. I could have went to h&r block and other places to get a cash advance while talking to a human. 

There is no number we can call and this forum is monitored by bots that just repeat the same canned response. I was approved but never got my money or any other emails with regards to the cash advance after I submitted my taxes and gave up my option to get an advance via another company... I will NEVER use any services this company provides and I will make it my business spread the word to as many people I possibly can...

Level 2
Feb 5, 2020 5:44:58 PM

Pretty sure this is a SCAM to get us to open new account with this bank for the debit card 

Level 2
Feb 6, 2020 9:34:50 AM

Did anyone receive their advance or we just got Suckered

Level 2
Feb 6, 2020 9:37:48 AM

So did it actually deny you or took more time than expected? Asking for myself 🤔🤔😤😤

Level 2
Feb 6, 2020 9:38:52 AM

Did you ever get your advance

Level 1
Feb 6, 2020 10:16:43 AM

No cash ever deposited. No email notification as to why not... No nothing! No one to contact and no way to contact a human about it... I rather my money be direct deposited into my bank account, and only had it deposited on this restrictive card that cost fees because I was promised a cash advance that I needed for gas, food, and bills.

Feb 6, 2020 1:37:29 PM

I was approved for 1000 and I haven't received my advance. It's been way over 48 hours.. what number can I call to speak with someone without paying for support. 

Level 2
Feb 6, 2020 1:58:13 PM

🤔😤🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🙏

Level 2
Feb 7, 2020 6:23:31 AM

Did you ever receive your advance

Level 2
Jan 22, 2022 1:07:54 PM

If you don't report income on Schedule C or Sch c ez, you won't qualify. I think that's what happened to us.😠 We really needed that advance right now.

Level 15
Jan 22, 2022 1:09:21 PM

@Fox2020

Refund Advance eligibility

Here are some of the eligibility requirements to qualify for a Refund Advance loan:

• You’re 18 or older
  • You’re not a resident of North Carolina, Connecticut, or Illinois
  • You’re e-filing your federal tax return with TurboTax
  • Your physical address is listed on your tax return. Your address must be located in one of the eligible states and can’t be a PO box or prison address
  • You’re not filing one of these tax forms: 1310, 4852, 4684, 4868, 1040SS, 1040PR, 1040X, 8888, or 8862
  • You aren’t filing on behalf of a deceased taxpayer
  • You must report income on a Form W-2, 1099-R , Sched C, or Sched CEZ

The refund loan will not be available until later in January when you can e-file your 2021 return.   The money for the loan is not given to you until the IRS ACCEPTS your e-file.  The IRS will not begin to accept e-files until January 24.

You cannot apply for the refund loan.  It has to be offered to you, and you have to agree to the terms—-which have changed since last year——so read some information——and pay attention to the details in the fine print …  https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/

Level 2
Jan 22, 2022 1:19:17 PM

Well we did get accepted from the IRS just yesterday 21,2022. And we didn't get any email or notifications. The only thing we got was a notification after we got the credit karma spend account. That notification said once the IRS accepted our e-file that we will get another  email on our approval. We haven't received anything. 

I'd like to know if ANYONE did qualify for the advance. We did ONCE in 2020 for our 2019 taxes. We haven't been able to get it again since then. For sure this will be our last year using TurboTax and go back to H&R. We always received the advance with them. Bye! Bye TurboTax