Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Feb 9, 2020 3:06:51 PM

Why are previous years showing in my documents and the documents are WRONG. Will this mess up my return?

0 5 315
5 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Feb 10, 2020 8:52:36 AM

Can you clarify what you mean by "the documents are wrong"? Also, are you sure you are logged into the correct account?

Feb 10, 2020 9:23:39 AM

For example, I haven’t used the system in two years to file. It’s showing that I filed married separate last year when I filed through a cpa as married joint. 

Im certain it’s the right account. I’ve only ever had one account.

Intuit Alumni
Feb 10, 2020 9:59:52 AM

Ok, here's a link to run an account recovery for your Turbo Tax ID, this will rule out whether or not you have more than one Turbo Tax account in use:https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-recovery/help/account-recovery-request-for-your-turbotax-account/01/25659#M22

If you discover that that is more than one account, please contact support for assistance and do NOT attempt to log into the other accounts: please Contact Us. (Answering the questions will help to ensure that your call is properly routed.)

Feb 10, 2020 10:26:24 AM

I don’t need to run an account recovery. I’ve only ever had one account. The issue is what is populating. It’s as if I filed last year (and the tear before) through turbo tax and I did not. With the bigger issue reflecting a filing status that is incorrect. 

Intuit Alumni
Feb 10, 2020 10:38:35 AM

Customer Support will be able to assist you with your issues.

Please contact customer support by following the instructions below.     

Contact Customer Support