Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 3
posted Jan 29, 2020 10:51:47 AM

TURBO TAX TEMPORARY DEBIT CARD NOT WORKING

IF YOU ARE FILING YOUR TAXES WITH TURBO TAX AND THEY HAVE ADVERTISED THAT YOU CAN RECEIVE PARTIAL OF YOUR REFUND FASTER BY SIGNING UP FOR A TURBO TAX DEBIT CARD & YOU CAN USE YOUR FUNDS RIGHT AWAY WITH THE TEMPORARY DEBIT CARD FOR ONLINE PURCHASES, DO NOT DO IT ! THIS IS MISLEADING INFORMATION! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND YOU USE ! I HAVE SIGNED UP PERSONALLY & THE TEMPORARY DEBIT CARD DOES NOT WORK! I HAVE TRIED CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE AND IT IS HORRIBLE! THE WAIT TIME IS RIDICULOUS, THE REPRESENTATIVES HANG UP ON YOU , AND NONE OF THE SUPERVISORS ARE AVAILABLE. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED WHILE FILING MY TAXES! & TURBO TAX WILL NOT GET MY BUSINESS NEXT YEAR! 

5 28 11386
1 Best answer
Level 3
Jan 31, 2020 11:48:13 AM

UPDATE: MY EXPEDITED CARD HAS ARRIVED WITHIN 1 BUSINESS DAY , I WAS ABLE TO ACTIVATE & USE THE CARD ! I EVEN ADDED THE CARD TO MY APPLE PAY ! IT HAS MY NAME & EVERYTHING ON IT & NOW I AM A HAPPY CAMPER . STILL NOT FILING WITH TURBOTAX NEXT YEAR BECAUSE THIS WAS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE & THEY DID NOT GIVE ME AN OPTION TO USE MY OWN DIRECT DEPOSIT 🥴😀

24 Replies
Level 2
Jan 29, 2020 11:29:18 AM

i have never had a problem with turbo tax but this year i applied for the refund advance and i was approved. i recieved my temp card info to use for online shopping and i have the same issue! im not able to use the card what so ever. A temp card doesnt have your name or address associated with it so im thinking thats the problem. i have been on hold waiting to talk to someone about it for about 10 min so far. i have green dot as my pay card and i actually like using green dot but this is horrible that they tell you we can use it and im now nervous knowing im not the only one dealing with this problem. They obviously lied about it.

Level 1
Jan 29, 2020 11:57:59 AM

I'm also encountering this issue. I called 1/28/20 after a 20min wait and they just told me they're trying to resolve the issue. I'm starting to believe it's false advertisement and bad business practice. 

I'm calling again to see if there has been any updates on resolving the issue.

Returning Member
Jan 29, 2020 12:28:30 PM

It's not just the temp card. I have my physical card and have tried using it online and it says invalid number. I've called twice. First to activate (again) and the second rep told me there's a problem with online purchases the techs are working on fixing. I'm pissed. 

Jan 29, 2020 1:52:05 PM

SAME. I've been on hold for 18 minutes now waiting for a rep. I'm incredibly irritated as I wanted to take care of some things right away. If anyone gets through, please update us!

Jan 29, 2020 6:46:05 PM

Same issue here.  It's definitely a load of crap.  Email support is 3 business days before they can email you back

Level 3
Jan 29, 2020 9:43:38 PM

Yes Exactly ! I Finally got to someone who ordered me an Expedited card that is only suppose to take 3 business days & it is expected to be here by Monday . I am still upset about waiting . The lady also refunded the $15 for the shipping, Hopefully it comes quickly & Save me a headache 

Level 3
Jan 29, 2020 9:45:17 PM

Yes my first time calling I experienced the same ! I assumed because it was late at night the man just wanted to get me off the phone because he did not want to work fr. Just another example of poor customer service these people have! 

Level 3
Jan 29, 2020 9:47:22 PM

Whew I think you just made me feel bad for cursing all their customer service team 😂🤣 cause I wasn’t tryna hear none of that about my money. I was like “ Aht Aht FIX IT NEOWWWWWWWW **bleep** ! “ 😂😂😂 

Level 3
Jan 29, 2020 9:48:53 PM

Yes I got through ! Ask them to expedite your card ! It will take 3 business days or less & They can waive the $15 Fee ! 

Level 3
Jan 29, 2020 9:50:19 PM

They really need to get it together or They will be loosing a lot of business behind playing with people money . They really want a WW3 🤦🏽‍♀️

Level 3
Jan 31, 2020 11:48:13 AM

UPDATE: MY EXPEDITED CARD HAS ARRIVED WITHIN 1 BUSINESS DAY , I WAS ABLE TO ACTIVATE & USE THE CARD ! I EVEN ADDED THE CARD TO MY APPLE PAY ! IT HAS MY NAME & EVERYTHING ON IT & NOW I AM A HAPPY CAMPER . STILL NOT FILING WITH TURBOTAX NEXT YEAR BECAUSE THIS WAS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE & THEY DID NOT GIVE ME AN OPTION TO USE MY OWN DIRECT DEPOSIT 🥴😀

Feb 6, 2020 6:21:40 AM

so what number are you dialing to speak to a live person. I only receive the automated system

Feb 7, 2020 6:10:43 AM

I am having issues with the app.  I cant even activate my new card.  it will not let me log on to the website either?  is anyone else experiencing this.  when I messaged them they told me that they can not activate the physical card over the phone due to security purposes?  is this true?  any help at all will be helpful.

Apr 15, 2020 1:16:13 AM

I am trying to get my card expedited . I never received the prepaid Turbo card . 

Level 1
Apr 15, 2020 8:54:32 AM

Turbo Tax is always breaking down. The absolute worst to do anything with. Just how does your site always always crash on days deposits are supposed to post? Just what cost savings for shareholders did ya enact to completely piss off the majority of people who use this trash you call Turbo Tax?

Apr 15, 2020 11:05:06 AM

I agree! I normally direct deposit to my account and turbo tax for taxes is great but ordering the turbo card for that advance was the worst thing I ever done. The customer service experience is by far the worse ever, it’s nearly impossible to get a representative and they hang up on you. If your have fraud forget It it’s even a bigger headache you have to file a form. The app it self isn’t working currently. So I recommend turbo Tax to do your refund BUT DO NOT GET THE TURBO CARD !!!!!

Level 1
Apr 15, 2020 11:33:21 AM

How would they get their money? website down, phones down, and app down! I haven’t been able to get in account 2 days!

Apr 15, 2020 2:40:08 PM

Absolutely fact they ripped me off!

Level 2
Apr 15, 2020 4:55:25 PM

How?

Level 1
Apr 16, 2020 2:45:49 AM

This is the worts service ever... I lost my card, and non of their sites work.. including Green Dot. It has the same phone message as the intuit phone line. My govt. check was deposited to a card I cant get too! You cant log in to get a new card with out the old card number.. if I dont have the card how can I have the number!~ 

Intuit Alumni
Apr 16, 2020 10:10:09 AM

@Chefanthony1004  Try these steps to reach a live representative when you call customer support.

Level 2
Apr 17, 2020 4:53:08 AM

I received a number that is no longer in service.

Intuit Alumni
Apr 17, 2020 8:53:50 AM

@Acmohon  Are you calling Customer Care at 888-285-4169 and reporting your card lost/stolen. Please keep in mind they are experiencing high call volume and you may need to try your call at a different time. 

Apr 21, 2020 3:37:30 PM

I am in the same boat. My stimulus check was deposited on to the turbo card which I can’t find from last year. I have moved so I can’t have my replacement card sent because my old address is on file and it won’t allow me to log in online to change it and I can’t reach a live person at all. What can I do? I am FREAKING out