Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Apr 11, 2020 8:11:38 AM

I received an email about using different TurboTax accounts

Hi there,
You're using a different TurboTax account this year.
It's important that you contact us right away.

TurboTax Customer Support: [phone number removed]

We've noticed that someone attempted to fill out a tax return using your information with a different account.

We are holding the tax return for 48 hours to give you the opportunity to verify it's yours or stop it. If we don't hear from you within 48 hours, this return will be filed in accordance with IRS filing regulations. Learn more

Thanks,
The TurboTax Security Team

I did use another account so I know it is good.  However when I called I just received an automated call asking if I was calling because I received the email. I said yes and then it told me to take a two question survey. Does this mean I'm okay and not on a 48 hour hold or do I need to actually talk to someone? 

0 2 1140
2 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Apr 11, 2020 8:56:36 PM

After the 48 hour period is over, TurboTax will transmit the return in accordance with IRS regulations. Please see the below for additional information: I received an email about a return with my information being on hold

Feb 24, 2021 11:05:50 AM

I'm using a different account since my wife divorced in October 2020, but your software doesn't take that into account. Perhaps you should change that for the future.