Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Mar 16, 2021 6:58:54 PM

I cannot amend my for ... it states... You're going to have to wait until the tax form for amending a return (Form 1040X) is ready for processing Why? I did get that far.

I never submitted my 2020 tax, and yet it will not let me amend! Why do I have to wait until 3/25 ? I never wanted to file. Turbo Tax, moved it to a completed state!

0 2 161
2 Replies
Expert Alumni
Mar 16, 2021 7:36:07 PM

You can only amend a tax return that you have already mailed or e-filed.   Have you already filed?   Or are you trying to?   

After signing in to their account on TurboTax.com, some customers are seeing a message telling them they’ve amended their return even if they haven’t done so.   The information in the Your tax returns & documents summary page may also be showing incorrect information regarding the amending of tax returns.     If this is your situation, sign up here to be notified when this is corrected.  

Mar 17, 2021 7:35:07 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I have not filed, nor mailed. The application has put me in a state, as if I am done.

The application ( w/ the questions) moved me into a finished state; though, I am not.