Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Feb 2, 2021 4:24:54 AM

How do I change my federal tax form after it has been closed. I have not filed my federal taxes yet.

0 4 269
4 Replies
Level 15
Feb 2, 2021 4:28:17 AM

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Feb 2, 2021 5:01:49 AM

Your suggestion did not allow me access to my fed to change. It looks like the fed is closed, it says printed and needs to be filed. I have not filed it, just need TurboTax to reopen it so I can make changes.

Level 15
Feb 2, 2021 5:09:59 AM

What happens after you click on Add a state?  That should allow you to go back to the tax return to change anything on the return.

Feb 2, 2021 6:12:34 AM

I spoke with a live person that could not fix the problem so I asked for a refund. They are thinking about it. I closed the fed form on TurboTax but did not mail it. The state is still open waiting on forms. They charged me for both fed and state. All I asked is for they to reopen the fed form or delete it so I can start again. My suggestion would be delete the forms, give me a credit for the money they charged me for so I can go back in and do it again. Instead it looks like I will have to take my business along with my three sons(which I do there’s for them) and use  another company. I don’t see any way of doing it again on turbo tax.