turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I change my federal tax form after it has been closed. I have not filed my federal taxes yet.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How do I change my federal tax form after it has been closed. I have not filed my federal taxes yet.

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Your suggestion did not allow me access to my fed to change. It looks like the fed is closed, it says printed and needs to be filed. I have not filed it, just need TurboTax to reopen it so I can make changes.

What happens after you click on Add a state?  That should allow you to go back to the tax return to change anything on the return.

I spoke with a live person that could not fix the problem so I asked for a refund. They are thinking about it. I closed the fed form on TurboTax but did not mail it. The state is still open waiting on forms. They charged me for both fed and state. All I asked is for they to reopen the fed form or delete it so I can start again. My suggestion would be delete the forms, give me a credit for the money they charged me for so I can go back in and do it again. Instead it looks like I will have to take my business along with my three sons(which I do there’s for them) and use  another company. I don’t see any way of doing it again on turbo tax. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies