Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 6, 2019 4:55:37 AM

Do I still need to report tax after I apply itin in a local IRS? I've already finished tax forms by turbo software.

I'be made an appointment with local IRS , I 'm not sure after I apply for itin I will still need to report tax

0 1 565
1 Best answer
Jun 6, 2019 4:55:38 AM

Yes, you will need to report your tax after you receive your ITIN.  That is the reason why you are getting your ITIN so that you have the ability to file a tax return. An ITIN is basically a unique number associated with a person and identifies them.  So once you receive your ITIN, you will go back into your Turbotax program and put your ITIN in and then either efile or paper-file your tax return.

1 Replies
Jun 6, 2019 4:55:38 AM

Yes, you will need to report your tax after you receive your ITIN.  That is the reason why you are getting your ITIN so that you have the ability to file a tax return. An ITIN is basically a unique number associated with a person and identifies them.  So once you receive your ITIN, you will go back into your Turbotax program and put your ITIN in and then either efile or paper-file your tax return.