Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 3, 2019 10:21:05 AM

Cannot track return on irs.gov says that there are no records and I filed through TurboTax and was accepted on 1/22

0 7 950
1 Best answer
Jun 3, 2019 10:21:06 AM

As long as you got the message that your return was accepted, you're fine. You generally won't see any specific information on the IRS tracker until your return starts going through the processing phase, which can take a little bit of time dependant on how many returns the IRS has waiting to be processed. Continue to check daily for updates, as the IRS updates the tracker every 24 hours.

7 Replies
Jun 3, 2019 10:21:06 AM

As long as you got the message that your return was accepted, you're fine. You generally won't see any specific information on the IRS tracker until your return starts going through the processing phase, which can take a little bit of time dependant on how many returns the IRS has waiting to be processed. Continue to check daily for updates, as the IRS updates the tracker every 24 hours.

Jun 3, 2019 10:21:07 AM

I filed on 2-1-18 and every time I try to track it says my information doesn’t match still and it’s kind of scaring me can anyone please help me

Jun 3, 2019 10:21:09 AM

My return was efiled using TurboTax on 1-20-18.  I have printouts and an order number.  Trouble is, like many others, the IRS status site is not showing receipt of any efile?   I called the IRS today (1/28/18)and they said there were no electronic filings/rejects recvd on my return.  IRS suggest refiling my return.  What a cluster...

Jun 3, 2019 10:21:10 AM

Ksmoothyg any update? The same thing is happening to me

Jun 3, 2019 10:21:11 AM

After getting that "locked out" msg from the software -  over and over again, I managed to change my Turbo tax password.  When the option to return to my 2017 taxes came up, I crossed my fingers, clicked here and there  and somehow reached the final screens.  Seriously, for hours, it was like navigating a mine field.  I have no idea how I finally pushed the right buttons to process the daggone return...but it's now pending on the  IRS site.  Try signing back in with a new password.  Good luck!

Jun 3, 2019 10:21:12 AM

Try entering your federal amount only,  not the full total of your return.

Jun 3, 2019 10:21:14 AM

Enter just your federal returns and it will show