TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

How do I file Form 7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, Information, and Other Returns?

SOLVEDby TurboTax3372Updated April 05, 2023

IRS Form 7004 extends the filing deadline for another:

  • 5 months (to September 15, 2023) for Forms 1065, US Return of Partnership Income and 1120S, US Income Tax Return for an S corporation
  • 5.5 months (to September 30, 2023) for Form 1041, US Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts
  • 6 months (to October 15, 2023) for Form 1120, US Corporation Income Tax Return (unless the fiscal year ends June 30, in which case the return is due September 15, 2023, and the extension gives another 7 months to April 15, 2024)

Follow these steps to print a 7004 in TurboTax Business:

  1. With your return open, select Search and enter extend
  2. Select jump to extend
  3. Select Extension of time to file (Form 7004) and Continue
  4. Follow the instructions to prepare and print your 7004 form. This form cannot be e-filed. We'll provide the mailing address and any payment instructions

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads