An incomplete Form 2441 will be created if you start the Child and Dependent Care section but don't complete it. This can cause problems when attempting to file your return.
- While signed in to your return, select Federal from the menu, then Deductions & Credits.
- In the Your tax breaks box, select Edit/Add next to Dependent Care Credit.
- Answer No on the next screen. This should delete the credit from the Your tax breaks section.
- Now you'll need to delete the 2441. Select Tax Tools from the menu, followed by Tools.
- Select Delete a form in the pop-up.
- Scroll down the list of forms and select Delete next to Form 2441.
- Choose Delete Selected Form to confirm. You should get Form Successfully Deleted. Select Continue.
- Back at the Review Form List screen, scroll down to make sure Form 2441 no longer appears in the list. If it doesn't, select Continue With My Return.