An incomplete Form 2441 will be created if you start the Child and Dependent Care section but don't complete it. This can cause problems when attempting to file your return.
- While signed in to your return, Select Federal from the left menu, then Deductions & Credits
- In the Your tax breaks box, select Edit/Add next to Dependent Care Credit
- Answer No on the next screen. This should delete the credit from the Your tax breaks section
- Now you'll need to delete the 2441. From the left menu (tap in the upper-left corner on mobile devices to open the menu), select Tax Tools followed by Tools and and select Delete a form in the pop-up
- Scroll down the list of forms and select Delete next to Form 2441
- Choose Delete Selected Form to confirm. You should get Form Successfully Deleted. Select Continue
- Back at the Review Form List screen, scroll down to make sure Form 2441 no longer appears on the list. If it doesn't, you can select Continue With My Return