To update or delete information you imported in TurboTax Online:
- Open or continue your return.
- From the menu, select Federal.
- Then, select Wages & Income.
- On the Wages and income screen, select the Edit button next to the item you would like to update or delete.
In the TurboTax CD/Download software, you can delete imported items as follows:
- Open your return.
- From the TurboTax File menu, select Remove Imported Data.
- Select the item(s) you want to remove and follow the instructions.
Changing information you imported can be problematic. For example, if you're audited you'd have to explain why the numbers on your return differ from the original data source. If you must update or delete items, be sure to keep detailed notes with your tax records.
For Quicken, QuickBooks, and .txf imports, it's best that you update your data in those programs (rather than in TurboTax) before importing so that your books match your tax return.
If you've already imported your Quicken, QuickBooks, or .txf file, you can re-import the updated information by selecting the Replace option when prompted.