TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

Do I need to enter ESPP transactions?

SOLVEDby TurboTax1157Updated December 09, 2023

Only if you sold stock that was purchased through an ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan). In that case, the sale will be reported on Form 1099-B, which you should receive from your brokerage around tax time (early February is typical). You should have received Form 3922 when you exercised your stock options.

Simply enter your 1099-B to report the sale on your tax return and we’ll prompt you for the rest. Have your Form 3922 handy because you’ll need information from there to adjust your basis to properly report the gain or loss..

If you merely purchased (but didn't sell) ESPP shares, there's nothing to report.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads